Tuesday, June 10, 2014

And The Academy Award Goes To...


Since the opening of The Toddlewood Studio and the launch of "Fabulosity" (photography birthday parties at the studio), a couple of projects were put on hold.  But we're back on track.  One of my newest and most exciting projects is the re-creation of African American Oscar winners.  I've already shot 7 images and still have more to go.  If all goes well I'll be done sometime next month.  And yes, there will be a red carpet gallery exhibit here at the studio.  Cranking away here…not only are my models anxious to see their feature but my media friends and a couple of new, local buddies are tapping their fingers at me!  UGH!  The pressure.  But rest assured, it's going to be fab.

The pressure is not only on me but some of these looks require the magic fingers of my designer, Andrea Pitter of Pantora!  Only problem for me is that I'm not the only one on her calendar!  Andrea's business is wedding dress design and tis the season!  She won't let me down….well she better not

The other challenge lies in some of the executions.  Louis Gossett Jr. for instance…I'm really looking to replicate some of these action shots with Richard Gere!  Mini-Louis's shots won't be bad, Mini-Richard's shots may be difficult.

Another challenge is Cuba Gooding Jr.  The most memorable shot is "Show Me The Moneeeeeeeey".  Well he's shirtless!  Problem…not appropriate for a little kid, at least according to my standards.  Gotta figure this one out.

Everything else I think I've got under control.  So game on!  Let's make this happen!
 








By the way, you may have noticed that I'm missing a recent inductee in the Oscar hall of fame.  Don't worry, I'm still developing my vision for Mini-Lupita.  

No comments:

Post a Comment