Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lights Cameras, Smile!



So it's been a while since we've been here on this blog.  Well that's because I've been...dare I say it…trying to "Make Things Happen"!  And things have been happening.  Since the 3rd annual red carpet award season recreations, I've decided to take a HUGE leap and open the first ever Toddlewood Studio.  Now this studio has been a pleasure, a journey, a labor of love and the bane of my existence.  Yes I said it.  Like any new business, especially when there's a physical door and a key to turn, it just ain't easy!  Why you ask?  Well check this out:

1.  The set up.  This used to be an old Yogurt Shop called "32Degree FroYo" (I think that was the name).  It only lasted 2 years because I heard the "Fro" part of FroYo was soft and not frozen.  That's sad because in the previous photos it looked like the place to be.  So after my landlord gutted everything out, I was left with four walls and barely a floor.  He almost put in drop ceilings!  UGH!  You know, like what you would find in a corporate building or in a dental office?  NOT for a creative studio! Are you kidding me.  Problem is that the ceilings were badly patched with a million small piece of sheet rock.  My solution…Paint that sucker!.  Paint it white and it will give me that industrial, SOHO look that I love so much.  And yes, keep the vents exposed.  Why?  Because I think it's cool too.  Well really I can't afford to do anything else.  But I do like it!



2.  Furnishing.  I'm on a "Gremlin's" shoe string budget!  So what do a I do?  I ask my coolest friends and family members to "Housewarm" my studio.  Yes, I sent a list of links to what I needed and oh my, I am a lucky girl.  My peeps took great care of Tricia, TMezz, TriciaThePhotographer, Trishy or whatever they call me.  Love is GREAT!

  






 3.  FLOORS!  To get the floors that I really want will cost $4000.  Ummmmm  plan B!  So I got someone to level the floors and then my father-in-law and I PAINTED 1500 square feet of floor!  Multiple coats of paint!  I have a new found respect for painters!  OUCH!



4.  Crickets!  So now we're here…hello!!!????  Come on in…PLEASE!  OK, Tricia, time to take your brain back to your years as Senior Vice President of the best global advertising firms you've worked at everyday of your life after college.  Marketing, Marketing, Marketing.  I have to say, it was much easier developing a marketing campaign for my million dollar clients as opposed to my miniature dollar self!  But I've got to make it happen man!



It's been 2 months and I think I'm doing pretty good!  The studio has clients and the "Fabulosity" birthday parties are a BIG HIT!  Even women in their 40's are booking parties for them and their friends!  That wasn't in my original plan but when someone asked me about it I said "Heck yeah, of course we do that!  You didn't know that?"  If she's reading this blog then I just outed myself!




Well there's so much that happens here!  I mean so much comedy.  From my mini-moguls to my next door neighbor nail salon owners, you are sure to be entertained.

Stay tuned!  It's real in here!!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment