Saturday, October 27, 2012

So I took my 7 year old, Skylar, and her best friends to see Hotel Transylvania today!

I wasn't prepared to like this movie but I did.  It was funny and the animation was very well done.  The story-line was a bit predictable...Husband loses wife, he's determine to protect his daughter, daughter falls in love with someone her father disapproves, but father ends up doing everything he can to get the boy back after he realizes he was wrong.  I may be crazy but the end of the movie reminded me a lot of "Meet The Parents" with Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro, except this kid didn't say "Bomb" on the plane.  

Gotta appreciate the talent behind all the colorful animation.  It's gotta be really hard acting out to a microphone and not getting any reaction to keep you motivated.  Usually I can always tell whose voice is behind which character.  Aside from Fran Dresher, for obvious reasons, I couldn't pin point the other voices.  Great job all.






Overall I give this movie a 9.  Great movie but I would have given it a 10 if I laughed just a little harder! 

No comments:

Post a Comment